Course No.: EP2017-09
Topic of Course: Recruitment and Selection
Location: Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel
Date: Sept. 28, 2017
Do you experience pressure to hire friends and/or family that are not qualified? Is your interview process conducted and rated in a fair manner for all applicants? Do you find that you hire an individual but a few weeks in to their role they just don’t seem to have the skills? How much frustration is there within the organization on the quality of new hires?
This hands-on, practical and interactive one day course will help you ask the right questions and guide you through the steps to a successful hire.
- Accurately identify the minimum requirements and preferred qualifications.
- Compile the interview questions and a rating scale.
- Choose a selection committee.
- Understand the importance of a fair and unbiased interview process.
- Compile the selection committee’s feedback, analyze it and report findings.
- Conduct reference checks and understand the impact on the overall decision-making.
- Understand the steps to present, negotiate and finalize an offer of employment.
- Present an offer of employment.
Instructor: Barbara Bowes, FCPHR, CMC, M.Ed., CCP
Barbara is the President of Legacy Bowes Group and offers over thirty years of HR consulting service to First Nation communities. She is also a well-known newspaper columnist, radio personality and author. Our goal as Legacy Bowes Group is to help our client communities build HR capacity.