Certificate in Indigenous Human Resource Essentials
The Certificate in Indigenous Human Resources Essentials is a training program that focuses on the unique challenges that Indigenous organizations face.
This program is for all levels of experience, focusing on everything from foundational topics to more complex and advanced topics. This program will give you a deep and expansive understanding of HR and provide you with tools and strategies to apply in the workplace. This program is delivered by an Indigenous facilitator or a facilitator with extensive experience working in Indigenous organizations.
The Certificate in Indigenous Human Resource Essentials welcomes attendees with varied level of education backgrounds. With no pre-requisites, attendees can enter the program at any time.
- Ethics and Professionalism in the Workplace
- Recruitment and Selection
- Communicating Effectively
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Team Building for Success
- Understanding Legislation and Human Resources
- Essentials of HR Policy Manuals
- Managing Chronic Absenteeism
- Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- Mental Wellness in the Workplace
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Employee Coaching and Development
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- Building your Financial Intelligence
- Leading Strategic Change Management
- Effective Employee and Labour Relations
- Effective Workplace and Succession Planning
- Managing Compensation and Benefits
A Certificate in Indigenous HR Essentials will be granted to participants at the completion of each level (six courses completed). To be eligible, one must have been present, either in-person or online, in full for each individual course.